SMALL BUSINESSES AND ENTREPRENEURS
Starting and running a business is demanding. There are countless legal, business, financial and operational factors to consider. Whether you are just starting out or have been operating for years, we will tailor solutions to your specific business plan, providing counsel and guidance along the way.
Business Start-Up and Formation
Choosing and forming the entity is one of the first formal steps to starting your business - ownership and management structure, how you finance the business, liability protection, and tax obligations will impact your choice of entity. We will take you through the benefits and disadvantages of each to find the right one and develop a comprehensive plan for everything you'll need to open and operate.
- Choice of Entity
- Articles of Organization, Certificates of Organization, and Registration with the State
- By-laws/Operating Agreements
- Stockholder Agreements
- Board Minutes
- Employer Identification Number
- Department of Revenue Registration
- DBA Certificates
- Licenses and Permits
- Regulatory compliance
Contracts impact countless aspects of your business operation, from landlords to third party vendors to employees and more. Although many may seem routine, these documents have lasting effects and can expose you and your business to obligations and liabilities that are sometimes unintended, making it important to have an experienced attorney on your side. We will draft, negotiate and review all your contractual needs and tailor standard form contracts for use in your every-day business operations.
Finding the right location for your business can be as important as the product or services itself, but there are many components to finding the right place. We provide the comprehensive representation our clients need during commercial real estate negotiations.
- Zoning: We will conduct an analysis to determine whether the site is properly zoned, and if not work together to obtain the necessary variance or conditional use permit
- Leasing: We have extensive experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating lease agreements for our clients
- Real Estate Acquisition: We assist our clients with the purchase of commercial property, including financing and closings
- Development, construction and build-out: Often times the location is great, but the building needs work. Let us guide you through the financing, permitting, and other issues necessary to ensure it is built to your needs
Your staff is essential to the success of your business. Unfortunately, not every employment relationship works out. We will provide guidance on the many employment and labor laws surrounding your business and arm you with the contracts necessary to properly protected the business for disputes and provide smooth transitions for employees.
- Employment Contracts
- Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality Agreements
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Employee Handbooks
- Workplace Policies
Starting a business can be expensive and keeping it properly funded is necessary to ensure its success. Let us guide you through the many financing options and compliance requirements to properly finance your business.
- Equity Financing
- Loan Agreements
- Friends and Family
Your brand is how you speak to your customers and market your product or services. Protecting that brand from third parties is crucial while growing your business. We will advise you on the preventative measure to take:
- Trade Secrets